Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 31, 2013

I posted early in this "diary" around the time of my first ACI, things I had bought or borrowed to prepare for my recovery.  I am reposting the short list here the things that are very helpful. 
1. Raised toilet seat[ftp] - Drive Medical Premium Seat Riser with Removable Arms for Standard Toilets,    purchased on Amazon.  Very good-comfortable, good height, and stable because it is screwed in.  Has arm rails.$34.70
2. Shower seat-white plastic seat, can't find the brand-Amazon purchase.
3. Slip on shoes with rubber bottoms.  The ones I got were pricey, but have held up very well since my first surgery in March.and they show no wear.....The two I purchased are: Merrell Women's Circuit Mary Jane Breeze Shoe ($136) and Ahnu Women's Gracie Flat.-$110 (black suede-these are my dress up shoes!), both purchased on Amazon!
4. a hospital style table on wheels, which I absolutely love, even before the surgery I have been using it bedside or in a chair.  The brand I got is very stable, lifts and lowers easily, is large enough for computer and books, place for cups.  The brand is: Medline Overbed Table, Composite Top-$65.
5.  I rented the "Game Ready" ice machine-my doctor works with a certain company who met me before both knee surgeries at the surgery suite prior to my operation to review how to use it.  It cost $300 to rent for both surgeries. We thought we were going to have it covered under that first payment for this 3rd surgery, but we ended up paying.  I use it all night when sleeping and much of the day.
6. I put a chair (actually the rocking chair I bought for nursing my kids when they were babies) with an ottoman in my room to make it easy to get to a place to sit comfortably.  I actually don't sit in it much, but my visitors do.

No comments:

Post a Comment