Monday, August 19, 2013

July 19, 2013-23days post op

23 days post op:  Today was my first day driving and it was no problem.  I still have to use crutches to walk, so I needed my teen son to carry my purse and walk my dog on the leash when we went to the vet and then I waited in the car when he went into the grocery (with my credit card!) to get a few things because I did not feel like crutching around the store.  I have been out to eat twice and went to one birthday party for about an hour.  I realize that some people would go back to work around now and I can see how that would be ok-especially if one could stay seated and prop up the leg as needed.  I think if I were doing more walking and not able to prop my leg-I may have to ice more. As it is, I only ice after doing my exercises.

It is getting a bit "old" being on crutches-but I hope it will be worth it. All I can think about is whether the new cartilage will be healthy and strong and ultimately successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment